Starting your week strong on Monday creates a momentum for the rest of the week. If your first day is strong, you’ll be ready to have a strong week. If your first day is weak, you’ll dread all that will follow.
Even though starting afresh on a different day of the week is also an option, I choose to maximize DAY ONE instead.
As a CEO of my company, I start my week with business development tasks. This helps me to create a momentum and results which I’m able to roll over to my meetings, work and communication during the rest of the week.
Here are just couple things on my Monday calendar:
- Team meetings – to evaluate activities from previous week and map out priorities for the upcoming week
- Program development – to map out new content, update existing content, pursue new opportunities
- Business development – marketing research & updates, sales process & customer service improvements
- Strategic partnerships – evaluate existing partnerships, initiate new ones
- My focus is on creating opportunities for my business growth and improvement
There are also things I don’t do on Mondays:
- Client meetings, Q&A Days, free or paid engagements
- Networking, meetings, speaking, training, or anything else client related
- Basically, unless you’re on my team, a close family relative, or a top client with pre-scheduled engagement, it’s close to impossible to get a meeting with me on Monday.
One of the biggest problems I see leaders making across all the industries around the globe is having their head down focusing on mindless persuasion of task completion. If you get thrill out of making that checkmark, it’s time for you to wake up. You must be intentional about the tasks you work on.
Take time to evaluate and prioritize your tasks before you waste your energy on them. Most of the tasks on your list (about 80% of them) will have little to do with your success. Learning to work in the 20% zone is the way to go.
I teach you how to make it work on an ongoing basis in my Planning For Success Course. During the month of July you can get it at an unbelievable discount! (see below)
So here’s my question for you today: What SHOULD you be doing on Mondays to have a better week?
When you answer the first question, here’s my second question for you: What should you STOP doing to keep your sanity?
Let me know on social media.
Make today count!
PS: Setting boundaries might seem egoistic when you first start doing it, but at the end, it benefits everyone – you, your team, your clients, even your family.
CELEBRATE WITH US!
Canada celebrated beautiful 150 years on July 1st and here at PLC we decided to give ALL our people reason to celebrate with us. You don’t have to be a Canadian to have a great month!
We are offering ALL our existing programs and courses at an unbelievable $150 this July.
I know, I know… It’s absolutely crazy, considering the value you’ll receive in each of the courses, but you know what? I might not be around for the 200th celebration, so why not to go BIG this time, right?
Summer is the best time to step back and invest into your personal growth. If you know that you’re ready for the next level, but there are leaks in how you live your life, manage your priorities, time or talent, this is your time to shift things around!