This global corporation located in Toronto, Canada runs hundreds of strategic projects, including some new key initiatives locally and globally. Powerful Life Consulting was commissioned to support one of their local teams in improving their project management efficiency and ROI. A thorough assessment revealed two key challenges:
Challenges and Solutions
Challenge 1: Lack of effective communication to support decision making and project flow
Solution: As part of its desire to improve project management, the company wanted to analyze its department effectiveness, its internal communication strategy and a gauge of overall performance. The thorough assessment revealed some serious gaps, most notably in the effectiveness and productivity of their meetings, but also in the department’s communication and the ease of project flow.
Powerful Life Consulting worked with the department to overcome this challenge through:
- Improving the department’s communication strategy. This included goal setting, project timelines, and accurate resource planning.
- Implementing strategies to stimulate functional communication and procedures for effective meetings.
- Boosting the pace of workflow and the efficiency of meetings through facilitating team training in communicating clearly and concisely.
Challenge 2: The company encountered difficulty following through on decisions and responsibilities established at the meetings.
Solution: The massive amount of projects in the department caused increased miscommunication, conflict, missed deadlines, and ultimately a significant amount of rework.
After working with the department, the following was implemented:
- Designing project templates to establish consistency in project delivery and execution.
- Establishing performance and evaluation processes to prevent the rework and missed deadlines due to communication deficiencies.
As a result of this project, the following business benefits were attained:
- Increased efficiency of operational and project management through the introduction of a new team communication strategy. This also eliminated the need for lengthy and otherwise ineffective meetings.
- Ability to plan the flow of communication, meetings, and projects.
- Department experienced stronger teamwork, increased morale, and stimulated creativity.
- The amount of rework was reduced by over 35%, which contributed to a doubling of department productivity.
This page contains general information only and Powerful Life Consulting is not, by means of this page, rendering accounting, business, financial, investment, legal, tax, or other professional advice or services. This page is not a substitute for such professional advice or services, nor should it be used as a basis for any decision or action that may affect your business. Before making any decision or taking any action that may affect your business, you should consult a qualified professional advisor. Powerful Life Consulting shall not be responsible for any loss sustained by any person who relies on this page.