There are many things causing us to lose our focus and waste our time and energy on unproductive tasks and activities. Yet, there’s one that trumps them all.
Whether you’re young or old, rich or poor, you’ve most likely faced the temptation to follow it at least once in your life. Truth be told, most people fall for it on a daily basis.
It’s a lack of FOCUS!
It’s almost painful to watch so many individuals and organizations getting lost in the amount of information, tools, resources, options and other temptations requesting and taking hold of their attention.
I really hope you’re not one of them. But if you are, please continue reading as I have some solutions for you, to help you reclaim your focus.
1. Stop. Stop running around like a chicken with it’s head cut off. It’s time to make a cup of coffee (or pour a glass of wine) and do some thinking.
2. Look back. When was the last time you actually accomplished something you were proud of? How did it make you feel? What was it that you did differently from the other times when things fell through the cracks?
3. Learn from experiences. Choose to learn from your past experiences, don’t just fly over them.
4. Look forward. What do you think your ‘gift’ is? What can you contribute?
5. Create a vision. What legacy do you want to leave behind? What do you want to accomplish in life? One of my things was to influence a generation in my home town. This is how my non-profit organization was founded back in 2002. It has influenced the lives of hundreds of people since. My current business has transformed the lives of thousands. And beware, I am still dreaming…
5. Simplify it! Narrow down your focus. Do NOT overextend yourself with too many goals. Choose a handful, focus, get it done, then set another one. Take it one step at a time!
6. Remove distractions. Whatever is screaming for your attention, but is taking you away from your desired direction can and should be ignored. Or removed. Or both.
7. Build your fan club. Seriously, who will keep you on the right track, cheer you on and keep you going? Surround yourself with those who believe in you, buy into your vision and support you on your journey. They will come in handy when the going gets tough!
8. Have a coach. Seriously, even the best out there (especially them) have somebody else really amazing who helps them improve their skills, get better, push through, achieve and win. Do you think you can do it on your own? Good luck with that!
9. Join my Impact Academy (iAcademy). Seriously, it’s a no-brainer. Every month we will focus on a topic that will move you forward, help you accomplish things and create your BEST results yet. All at an insanely low price. You can keep wasting your time, energy and talents or just join us here. I can’t wait to have you!
10. Commit. It’s not good enough to give it a try. It’s not enough to say that you will. You need to give it your all. Start over after you fail. Get back up. COMMITMENT is my word for 2015 and I’m ready to get to know it up close and personal. The truth is, without commitment you can’t create your best results.
What helps you stay focused on what matters? Let me know on social media.
Are you looking for more tips to improve your productivity and efficiency? Check out our Planning For Success, the ultimate guide to planning and goal setting.