When you’re dealing with a complex problem, mapping out a new training or program or drafting your business strategy, chances are that you go through a lot of paper and sticky notes.
If you’re a Counter Active Implementor like myself, chances are that sticky notes, flip chart or paper just don’t cut it for you and you will be fine with virtual solution which you can quickly turn into email or PDF file to save time (and avoid losing it).
But let’s back up a bit and start from the beginning…
What is mind mapping
A mind map is basically a diagram that connects information around a central subject. It’s like a tree, with main idea in the center and your subtopics being like branches.
Mind mapping tools can usually incorporate words, images, numbers and color, so they can be more enjoyable to create, review and use. According to the research, the combination of words and pictures is six times better for remembering information than words alone.
Mind mapping features
Here are just some of the key features of mind mapping tools:
- Plan and organize – Mind mapping tools will help you organize your thought and ideas and create structure for your presentations or projects.
- Present – You can attach files, web pages, audio clips and even PowerPoint slides into the mind map, creating a highly visual and effective way of communicating your message.
- Collaboration – Most mind map tools enable group collaboration, some even have chat, auto-saving and version history features.
- Project management – Manage data, time and resources to achieve new levels of productivity. Scope projects, add tasks, dates, milestones and duration to prevent your project falling behind schedule again.
- Problem solving – Mind mapping tools use both sides of brain, tapping into creative and critical thinking. If you ever feel like you’re hitting your head against the wall, you should try mind mapping.
- See the bigger picture – Mind maps create overviews of your business, programs, training, projects, processes and more.
In addition to these tips, we also created a list of 21 creative ways to use mind mapping and a review of top mind mapping tools out there, including pricing and requirements. This resource will save you countless hours of research and potential mistakes. It is available in the Member Area. If you’re not a member yet, click on the image below to get started.
PS: Our blog comments are closed due to us using social media to stay in touch with you. Send us your feedback using your favorite platform. We’ll be happy to hear from you!
59 256 421 1 5